Monday, January 14, 2013

Weekend Joy Dares

The weekend just gets away from us sometimes, doesn't it? It especially gets away from us during NFL playoff games - I'm just sayin... =]

I was hoping to gather a couple photos on Saturday for my Joy Dare, but it didn't happen - life happened. It happens.

January 12 Joy Dare - Something above, below, beside.

The roof above my head! I've had a really difficult couple of years financially and I've been so blessed to have great friends to offer up a wee bit of their home for my son and I to call our own. While I really, really miss having my own home - sharing one with people who love me so much is pretty awesome, too.

My gift below is my footing. I think that even though I still tremble at times and even though I still slip a little, I'm grateful for the firm foundation that Christ has allowed for me. I feel as if my footing is more secure than ever and I can stand firmly on it.

isn't he precious?!
My gift beside (on Saturday) was Tiki... Tiki is my obnoxiously fat cat. On any given evening - he is the first to greet me when I get home, the one who sits beside me while I pine away at the laptop, catch up on some work, or even while I'm in the bathroom. He's been a constant companion to me since I moved to this area in 2004. I love him mucho!



January 13 Joy Dare - 3 things about yourself that you're grateful for.

hmmm... how can I spin this so it looks like it's about me, but it really isn't... Oh!

I have really great taste in friends! I have some of the best friends ever and a really love the support system that God has put around me. =]

I am grateful for my desire to learn. It's almost obsessive. Okay, it probably is obsessive. I think sometimes others may think that I'm being freakishly demanding, but I really just want to know what makes things tick, what makes YOU tick, where does it say that, why did that happen, why did she choose that road and not that one. It isn't judgement, it's curiosity and the desire to know why, how, when, where... don't hate me for asking a gad-zillion questions. It comes from a good place, I promise.

I'm grateful for my path. I do my very best to not have regrets. Sure, there are things I wish I would have done differently, but that doesn't mean I regret those choices. It means that those choices are the ones that led me to this exact place at this exact moment. There may be a whole gang of women that I get to minister to because of those choices. No regrets.


No comments:

Post a Comment