Wednesday, January 2, 2013

My Joy Dare and One Word 2013 challenges

Last year when I decided to do Ann Voskamp's Joy Dare challenge, I didn't document it the way I should have... I would either post things on Facebook, in different FB groups, share it with friends, or maybe journal about it some days. This year I have a desire to be consistent with how I approach my Joy Dare. The best time of the day for me to do this is lunchtime. I'm usually at work during lunchtime. I don't always have my journal with me and the need to carry one more thing every day is not high on my list of things to do. However, I almost always have access to a computer somewhere - so, this shall be my vehicle for carrying out the Joy Dare this year.

I am also praying about my One Word 2013 like crazy! I sort of did the same thing last year with my word. I used many different avenues to talk about it or write about it, but never one consistently. This, too, I hope to change this year! And, as soon as I know my word, I'll be sure to share it. It really was very valuable for me to cling to last year and I saw many areas that benefited because I had a desire to be better at whatever was in front of me.

So, on to the Joy Dare's for January. This is a printable available on Ann's website, but she also has a printable on her site for every month through October! If you've never gone to her site - go. Go now. She is a daily read for me - it's that good. =]

January 1 Joy Dare - three things about myself for which I am grateful. Hmm... she really knows how to kick off a new year, right? I mean, right away I have to shed my modesty and find something in me that makes me grateful... about myself?! Does she realize that she just gave me a blow to the heart?! This will probably be one of the hardest and it's only the first one! Okay, okay... so... let's see. I'm grateful for my heart that overflows with love for others, for the brokenness that I've gone through to get where I am today, and for the Son who died on the cross so that I may be saved. - There... that wasn't so hard. =]

January 2 Joy Dare - A gift outside, inside, and on a plate. Well, right now there is snow outside, while that may be a gift for some people, it isn't a gift for me. However, it isn't snowing today, so I suppose my outside gift today can be that there's no more snow! =] My gift inside is warmth. Many people don't have the simple luxuries of having warm places to go. I have only warm places to go and that is surely a gift. My friend gifted me some french fires today - I didn't put them on a plate, but I could've had I known that would have been one of today's Joy Dares! French fries are always a gift for me! =]

No comments:

Post a Comment