Thursday, January 31, 2013

January 30 and 31 Joy Dares


January 30 Joy Dare - 3 old things seen new.

My car. Let me explain. My car and I have not always been friendly. I've even been quite mad at it sometimes. However, I'm so grateful that my car, with 183,000 miles, is still chuggin along for me. I drive between 80-100 miles on a normal day and even more when I have errands and such to run. It was a little quirky for a while, but it seems to have healed itself to some degree in order to let me continue to stack the miles on. I pray I can make it last another year or so, if not longer!

My boy and his manners. You know that moment when you just know something is different and you're able to recognize it. I've noticed, in the last couple of months, anywhere and everywhere I drive my son, ends with a thank you. Even if I'm picking him up from work, dropping him off at work - simple tasks that all moms do. He will seek me out to thank me, in case he forgot as we were getting out of the car. He was always mostly polite, but lost some of his touch during his mid-teen years - thank yous became hit or miss, depending mostly on the mood.  They've returned, full-force, and it makes my heart happy.

Me. I can hardly begin to understand God's grace, mercy, forgiveness, love... yet, here I am. Forgiven. Loved. He has made me new. He has washed me clean. He has given me a heart that breaks for Him. A heart that seeks Him. He has redeemed this old gal.

January 31 Joy Dare - A gift on paper, in a person, in a picture.




This paper greets me each morning as I sit at my desk. Nothing fancy. Just a piece of paper. Gentle reminder. My Jesus. 






Nicole. One of the things I love most about my day is snuggle time with Nicole. Hardly a night goes by that she doesn't jump into my lap and tell me about her day. She brings me joy. 




My heart longs for this place. This nation. One day, I will walk amidst these trees. Love the people. Share the gospel. 







No comments:

Post a Comment