Monday, January 21, 2013

Days of Joy Dares


Joy Dare catch up! Whew! It's been one doozie of a week! I've been trying to keep track of my Joy Dares, but I admit – I missed a couple days. These things happen. I have grace with myself. =]

January 15 Joy Dare – A gift worn, given away, shared.

A gift worn were these beautiful earrings. My son is not a gift giver. It's not his thing. However, now that he's a working man, he asked me if I'd like to go to WalMart and pick out a gift. How could I refuse?! A pair of earrings, a new journal, a coke, and a kit kat later – my $12 Christmas shopping spree was over. I loved every minute of it!

A gift given away are these scarves. I made several of them this Christmas season and I was able to bless quite a few women I love with a handmade gift!

A gift shared was my annual review at work. I know this may sound weird, but I had my review on the 15th and it was great to have my manager share with me areas I've grown and areas he'd like to see improvement. I think critique, done right, is a great thing! And my manager does it right!

January 16 Joy Dare – Three witnessed blessings.

I'm sad to say this is one day in which I didn't keep track. I'm sure I witnessed blessings on this day since not a day goes by that I don't witness blessings, I just didn't capture any specific ones that day.

January 17 Joy Dare – A gift bringing laughter, prayer, and quiet.

Strangely, all these gifts came in the same package. We have a baby in the house! He brought me laughter, prayer, and quiet. He's such a handsome, small, beautiful blessing.

January 18 Joy Dare – Three gifts from Gods Word.

Matthew 21:22 And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.



Psalm 73:26 My flesh and my heart may fail, But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.













January 19 Joy Dare – Three gifts that might never have been.

The first one is easy. Some of you know this, some of you don't. It's not something I share, but I couldn't help but share it now. My boy! When I found out I was pregnant, after saying that I never wanted children, I was petrified. My first call was to the abortion clinic, the second to my mom, the third to his dad. I had no intentions to have a baby. I DID have a baby and now I have an adult son! The best gift that might never have been.

My friendship with the family I live with presently. Had we not both started going to the same church, the same weekend, we may have never met. The Lord guided each of us to that place. I'm grateful.

My job. I saw an email. Had no expectation or hope, but I did have prayer. And I prayed. A lot. I've been there 5 ½ years. =]

January 20 Joy Dare – Three gifts only seen close up.

Shame, this is the other one I missed. =\

January 21 Joy Dare – A gift in sky, water, memory.

The Sun! It was present today! While it was still cold and windy, the sun did make an appearance.

I don't think I have a water gift today. Of course, I've been holed up, working, a good bit of the day, but I surely can't think of a gift in the water!

My mom. My aunt. These two women are so precious to me, but since we're spread all over the country now, I can only keep my memories in my heart to keep me from being too sad. I sure miss them! 


No comments:

Post a Comment