Sunday, January 1, 2012

Kale...again.

I know... I know... I'm talking about kale again... what's wrong with this world!

I'm trying to learn how to best incorporate some foods into my diet that aren't always the best tasting all on their own. So when I find new ways to do that, I must share!

Last night I made mashed potatoes. That was fine all by itself, but after I dumped the potatoes to drain them, I put a little butter in the pot and sauteed some chopped kale and green onions, then added a milk/half and half combo before I put the potatoes back in to make them all up. So I ended up with great taters and some good ole kale mixed in.

I had about a cup of kale still left in the fridge, so today I sauteed it again, then added it into an omelet with cheese.

Here's why I love having kale in my diet. There are all sorts of good reasons to eat it more.

With that said, go eat some kale, peeps! =]~

No comments:

Post a Comment