Sunday, January 31, 2010

Oh what to do with the green beans??

So I had some fresh green beans that just HAD to be used before they went all icky and stuff. I was on a quest to find a good way to use them besides the "norm". This is what I did/had:

1 lb fresh green beans
2 zucchinis
1 yellow straightneck squash
1 can tomato sauce
Oregano
Basil
minced garlic
drizzle of EVOO


I drizzled the oil in a skillet, and added the garlic to let that cook up just a bit. I sliced the zucca and squash, added them to the pan. I snapped the ends off the beans and added those to the pan, followed by the tomato sauce. Stirred them til they were all friendly-like. Then added the herbs and a little salt and pepper. Brought it to a quick boil, then simmered for about 20 minutes -- covered it and let it cook another 20 minutes or so. It was yumma!

No comments:

Post a Comment