Sunday, January 17, 2010

Comfort food ground beef style!

With my kidlet getting older and wanting to "hang out" with his friends all the time now, I feel like I am always cooking for one! This makes a lot, but I had dinner tonight... enough for dinner (me and the kidlet) tomorrow and I froze two servings (or so) for my lunches over the next couple of weeks.

1 lb ground beef
1/2 onion, chopped
some minced garlic
cayenne pepper
cumin
salt & pepper
1 can cream of chicken (or whatever you like) soup
1 can peas, drained
1 can carrots, drained
1 can corn, drained
1/2 bag frozen, shredded hash browns
about 1 - 1 1/2 c. shredded cheddar

Preheat your oven to 350. Add ground beef, onions, and garlic in a skillet and brown it up. Drain off any excess fat and add it back to the pan. Add in your seasoning, you can use what I used or whatever you prefer... I don't measure, I just throw it on in there... Mix it all up. Add your canned veggies (you can use any you like, or even use frozen - I used what I had on hand) and your can of soup; mix well over medium heat.

Prepare a 13x9 pan with cooking spray. Add about half of the meat mixture in the bottom of the pan, then add a layer of hash browns, and some cheese. Add the rest of the meat mixture on top, then a good handful of cheese (I have big hands!) over the top of the entire dish. Cook for about 45 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment