Saturday, April 6, 2013

100th Post - Scallops!

Well, my blog fast is over. When it comes to "something has to give because I don't have enough time for everything," the blog always seems to be the first thing to be put on hold.

I made a vow to myself to go a month without any posts because I just needed some time. Also, I knew my next post was the 100th one being posted and I wanted it to be incredible. Well, it won't be... it'll just be a normal post! haha. I figured the anxiety about this particular entry being "amazing" just wasn't something I needed to add to my plate.

So, the big post is about scallops! Exciting enough, right? It was for me!

After the first flip

Here's the back story. I don't eat seafood. I haven't met a seafood dish that I've liked. With that said, I have a strong desire to acquire a taste for seafood and, more importantly, I have a desire to cook seafood for those I love. Well, my problem with the scallops was that I didn't have anyone around to taste them for me. I'll have to do a redo when I have someone around who *knows* what scallops are supposed to taste like. Mind you, I did taste them. They weren't fishy tasting like I expected. They were creamy and buttery tasting. But, again, I don't know what they were supposed to taste like...


All done!


Ingredients:
3 scallops (or however many you want. Just make sure they're all similar in size.)
A good bit of butter, a really good bit
Fresh ground sea salt
Fresh ground black pepper



Process:
Get a small skillet or one that is accommodating to the amount of scallops you're cooking. Get the pan smoking hot. I mean hot! I heated the skillet on high-medium. Add the butter and let it melt and just begin to brown, do not let it burn! Add the scallops and season the side that is up in the pan. Let cook for about a minute and a half, depending on the size of your scallops. Turn and cook for an additional minute and a half. Remove to a plate. Once they're on the plate, spoon the butter remaining in the skillet over the top of the scallops. Now eat. Enjoy. Tell me what you think! =]

The scallop close-up. =]



Happy scallop eating!


No comments:

Post a Comment