Saturday, March 9, 2013

Don't beat yourself up!

Ladies, why are there days we feel so inadequate? Or that we are just being lazy? Haven't done a thing all day?

I had this moment today. Thinking about how I haven't done anything of real value or worth - I'm in sweatpants for goodness sakes! How can anyone do anything worthy while still wearing sweats?! =]

So, for those of you reading, when you've spent the day inside doing nothing oh except for... laundry, kitchen cleaning, bathroom cleaning, vacuuming floors, coloring hair, showering, rides back and forth to various things for your kid(s), brushed your pets, prepared dinner menus and grocery lists, a little pinning, a little blogging, and some craft time. Some bible studying and retreat planning, a nice phone call with someone you love, and a nap...

And you haven't even had dinner yet - you're doing just fine.

Do not beat yourself up. It's all fine.

You're not lazy.

Most of my day has been in this little space. It's okay. 
Go get 'em, tiger! Rawr!

1 comment:

  1. Good reminder :-) I got to the end of yesterday and thought "I've done nothing." Except....laundry (washed *and* folded), dishes, cookies, dinner, budgeting and a teeny bit of reading and writing, and a lot of talking with my man...so I didn't really do nothing after all.

    ReplyDelete