Wednesday, June 15, 2011

My alone time...

I've been enjoying some time alone this week. The boy is at the beach. The housemate is at the beach. I've had to work... while I think there is something very wrong with this situation, I am really glad they've been able to have such a good time. And, even though I've had to work and it has exhausted my brain, I've still enjoyed the nice quiet evenings. It's been nice and cool, the windows are open, I've had time to do laundry, polish my nails, and do nothing of great importance. I haven't been a taxi cab since Monday morning, nor have I been a cook.

I've been working diligently on my "40 before 40" list which consists of 40 things I want to accomplish before I'm 40. I hope to have it posted later this week. Tomorrow is my birthday and I'll have just one year to carry out "the list" -- I'm excited about it. Scared of it.

This week I feel like I've been mentally stretched and pulled and I'm reminded how much Jesus loves me because He knew that I would need a break from being all the things I have to be to the people in my life and He provided that for me. I love that guy! =]

I know I promised the Chicken Pot Pie recipe, it's coming. Promise. One day. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment