Saturday, June 4, 2011

Burger, Noodley, Go!

Yes. That's the title and the instructions received from my dear friend, Jessica. She was coming over, after work last night, for dinner. She asked, "What's for dinner?" I said, "I don't know. I took some burger out. What do you want?" She said, "I don't know. Something burger and noodley." I said, "Cheesy?" She said, "A little cheesy." Here's what was created from that amazing instruction.
  • 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
  • 1 small onion, diced
  • 15 oz can tomato sauce
  • 15 oz can fire roasted diced tomato, with garlic, undrained
  • small bag frozen corn
  • 1/2 box (or so) whole wheat penne pasta
  • some chili powder
  • some cumin
  • some oregano
  • some fresh ground sea salt
  • some ground red pepper
  • some fresh ground pepper
  • some water (about 3/4 empty tomato can)
  • some shredded cheese of choice (I used mild cheddar)
OK, so by now, you know how I "measure". I don't. Unless mandated, like for bread or something. When I say some, just go with your gut. Here's what I did:

Get a big skillet. Big. Really. Brown the ground beef with the onion. Drain. Add it back to the pan and add the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, frozen corn, all the seasonings, water, and bring that up to a nice boil. I told you a big pan, right? Then add a few handfuls of pasta and bring it to a simmer or number 2 on your burner as I like to call it. Cover. Let that cook up, stir it up a couple time for about 25-30 minutes or until the pasta is done. Now is a good time to make sure your seasoning is just the way you like it, too. Add some more things, if you like. Then, sprinkle some cheese on top, turn off the burner and recover for about 5 minutes or until your cheese is all melty and stuff. There ya have it. Eat it. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment