Monday, June 20, 2011

Forty before 40

I've worked diligently crazily feverishly ... Okay, I've just worked on this. It's been a task at times and other times the ideas came faster than I could write. Some of the ideas made the list, some of them didn't. There were a lot of things I wanted to put on it, but I had to remember that what did make it to the list had to actually be attainable. For instance, while I would love a trip to Africa, it isn't reasonable right now. Also, while I would love to be married someday, this isn't that day. And, I would really like to go on a cruise, that will also, mostly likely, not happen. This is all okay with me. I'm only concerned about the things with which I have actual control and ability to make happen--and probably with a little help from the Great Man above, too.

So, with all the formalities out of the way, let's carry on with the actual list (anyone who loves me will hold be accountable, right? Right. Great!).

  1. Write the young man's journal. I've been working, not hard, for about a year and I'd really like to finish it.
  2. Spend a week with my mom.
  3. Spend some much needed girl time with Dana.
  4. Complete two Beth Moore studies.
  5. Commit to my blog. (I think I've been doing pretty all right lately!)(I will blog at least 5 times a month! - Thanks, darlin!)
  6. Learn to make soft pretzels!
  7. Take a cooking class.
  8. Teach a cooking class.
  9. Cater at least one event.
  10. Be financially wiser, with some help. =]
  11. Cook at least one meal a month for another family.
  12. Lose thirty twenty pounds.
  13. Commit to some sort of new exercise routine.(This isn't going so well! LOL)
  14. Go to the beach.
  15. Participate in at least ten training sessions, of some sort, for work.
  16. Master baking my own bread.
  17. Dance more--like really, really dance.
  18. Weekend trip with just me and the kidlet.
  19. This one is private. heh. (I stole this line from the woman who inspired this list-we all have something we want to keep private)
  20. Survive teaching the young man how to drive.
  21. Graduate the young man.
  22. Be a mentor to another young woman/single mom.
  23. Start a freakin' cool women's ministry at my freakin' cool fun church!
  24. Complete all forty things on my list.
  25. Make a kitchen wish list. Done 6/18...see it here
  26. Learn and master risotto.
  27. Learn one new elegant dish.
  28. Stick to a grocery budget.
  29. Acquire at least four things on my kitchen wish list. (Two down!)
  30. Subscribe to Food & Wine magazine.
  31. Start a garden.
  32. Perfect chocolate cake with icing, from scratch.
  33. Play more volleyball.
  34. Host a party.
  35. Love more.
  36. Become better with occasion and thank you cards.
  37. Quality time with Nicole at least once a month.
  38. Complete three wellness quarters at work.
  39. Go to Volt.
  40. Make tart cherry jam even if I have to take a day off work to do it.
By the way, it's important to note, this wasn't my creation. No, I'm not this wise! haha. A fellow blogger, and a woman I don't know, but love just the same, has this on her blog and, if I remember correctly, she got the idea from one of her friends. I recommend reading her blog--she's inspiring. I plan to do this every year for the rest of my life. =]

4 comments:

  1. I have some great chocolate cake/icing recipes if you want :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I want. If you want to gather a couple, I'd appreciate it. I really want to make "my own," but since I've never made one from scratch, I need to have some sort of base that I can work and play around with. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Numbers 5 and 13 are too generic. I will blog ____ times a month. I will (swim. wii, walk, etc) ___ times a week. Love ya, GF! I'm starting on my list. By that I mean I'm thinking of things in my head. Haven't actually written anything down yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep - you're right.... too generic. I will "adjust" them. Otherwise, I have no accountability, right? I love ya! =]

    ReplyDelete