Thursday, July 23, 2009

7 Layer Salad... (Gooseberry Patch - Comfort Foods)

1 head of lettuce, torn (I used iceberg this time, but any would work)
1 head cauliflower, coarsely chopped (I had a really large one and only used about 2/3 of it)
10 oz package frozen peas, thawed
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1/2 lb. bacon, cooked to a crisp then crumbled
.7 oz package Italian salad dressing mix
2 c. mayo (I used light mayo)

In a large bowl (I used a glass 13x9 baking pan - but, a nice LARGE glass bowl would be great too!), layer ingredients in the order given except the mayo. Spoon mayo over top and seal the edges. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve layered or toss before serving. Serves 8 to 10.

** The mayo step at the end is kind of messy... as hard as I tried to make it neat, it just grabbed some of the bacon and pulled it in. It's sort of like frosting a cake before it cools down all the way! =] It may not look super pretty, but it sure was yumma! I took it to work and everyone enjoyed it a lot! It's fun trying to get them to guess the layers. The men just shrugged - and easily guessed six of them, while the women examined it closely and could almost always name all 7!


This is how it looked before the mayo topper!


This is how it looked after the mayo topper!


This is some in a bowl. =]

I really AM going to figure out why all my pictures are coming out blurry! I took quite a few of this dish and I couldn't use most of them.. the ones I did choose to use aren't very good either, but I had to put something in here! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment