Saturday, February 14, 2009

Mexican Burger Sloperific!

For some reason I noticed a mass amount of burger in my freezer this weekend, so I was trying different things

1 lb burger
1 packet taco seasoning
1 can corn (drained)
1 can black beans (rinsed and drained)
seasonings of your choosing
frozen shredded potatoes (about 1 serving or more if you're feeding a larger group)

loaf of cornbread (any kind you like)


Start your loaf of cornbread. Brown the burger. Drain. In the same skillet add some butter or margarine and cook the frozen potatoes. I just added them to give the meat some texture, so I didn't use a lot. Add the meat back into the pan along with the packet of taco seasoning and some water (by some I mean about 3/4 cup. I just put some water in the empty seasoning packet and dump it into the pan, but you can measure it however you like). Add the corn and black beans. You may need to add more water... you just have to keep an eye on it. Cover and let it heat through while the cornbread finishes. We ate it with a piece of cornbread in a bowl and the meat mixture on top of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment