Sunday, February 1, 2009

Easy Peezy Steak sammies

OK - so, I have mentioned that I am a super, short on time, busy mom. So, while somethings are not always the best quality, it is easy and doesn't taste half bad!

One of the things my son has come to love is cheese and steak sammies. I tried to think of an easy way to do this so I wouldn't have to spend too long in the kitchen, but it would still taste good. I use a type of frozen sliced steak, some fresh onions, and peppers.

Add some EVOO into a hot skillet (you just need a little). Then throw in your onions and let them caramelize and cook down some. Second, add you peppers, which can be cut any way you like, I julienne mine. I put those in second because I like the texture and crunch so I don't want them to cook down to mush!

Turn on your broiler to get it nice and hot!

Scoot the veggies over a bit out of the way and add two of the frozen steaks to the empty section of the pan... let them cook for about two minutes, then flip them over... You can begin to chop them up about this time. Once done (or almost done), push those two over into the veggie pile on the other side of the skillet and add two more frozen steaks and do the same thing.

Now, it's time to hit them with some seasoning! I add some good ole "W" sauce (worcestershire), fresh ground pepper, cayenne pepper, granulated garlic, onion powder, and a teenie bit of seasoned salt. Mix all the steaks and peppers together and let the flavors blend.

While that's happening, I get a hoagie roll and open her up, then add all the steak and veggies into it, lay two slices of provolone over the meat... tucking it in a bit on the sides to hold it all together.

I lay the sammie on a sheet of foil and throw it under the broiler until the cheese is melty and the bread is toasty!

Voila! There's my easy take on a steak sammie.

No comments:

Post a Comment