Monday, February 4, 2013

Pizza Night!

I'm not a huge pizza fan, but there are times I just want pizza. Yanno? The other night was one of those times. I made three pizzas, all different.

Everyone has a dough preference. I typically buy dough balls and use them as my dough. As much as I'd like to make my own all the time, a weeknight meal, when I've been gone to work all day, isn't usually the best time to jump on the dough wagon. We gotta do what we gotta do...

Here is how I make my sauce. Take a 6 oz can of tomato paste, dump it in a bowl. Add salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder. Stir. Add some water. Stir. Taste. Adjust seasonings as needed. Add water if it's too thick. Stir. Taste. Stir. Add. Taste. Done! =]~ Really, this is how I do sauce every time.

The other night, I laid out all three crusts onto cookie sheets, one a little larger so the crust was thinner. And prebaked them at 400 for about 5 or 6 minutes. Once I pulled them out, this is how I topped them.

One had the tomato based sauce, pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, and diced ham. This was my thin crusted one.

Before
After





The second one I topped with a thin layer of apricot preserves, mozzarella cheese, diced ham, and crushed pineapple.









The third one was my favorite.
Before
I cooked some bacon, about 10 slices, then removed it to a plate. Chop when cooled. Then, drain a good bit, almost all of the grease from the pan.

After





I sliced an onion really thin and added it into the pan I used to cook the bacon. I wanted the onion to really be good and caramelized. It took about 6 or 7 minutes on medium heat. Add about 1 clove of minced garlic for the last minute or so. Remove the onions with a slotted spoon to a plate.

I took about 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes and halved them. And shredded about 8 oz smoked gouda cheese.

On the crust I drizzled olive oil, sprinkled some dried basil, then cheese, then the chopped bacon, onions, and tomatoes. Then I topped it with some kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper. Once it was done, I added from fresh chopped basil. Yum!

All the pizzas should be cooked at 400 until the crust is browned and the cheese is melted. About 12 minutes. Of course, if it's not ready just keep it in there and check it every couple minutes until it's done just the way you like it. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment