Monday, July 25, 2011

Love/Hate relationship with apples.

I know, of all things to love and hate, apples? Really? Yep. Now, don't get me wrong, I love to eat apples. I would eat a nice, juicy Fugi apple every day of my life if I could. The hate comes in when I read a recipe that says - 2 Gala apples, peeled, cored, and diced. UGH! I put off a recipe for TWO days because of that blasted line. Ugh, I don't know why I hate doing it, but I do and that's that.

HOWEVER - I do learn some things from TV, after all... it isn't just mindless energy. I was watching "The Next Food Network Star" this morning and one of the contestants was making a slaw with apple in it. Now, you may already know this trick and after I thought about it I was like... DUH! He peeled the apple and took it to a grater and shredded that bad boy right up... uhm, hello. Thank you, Food Network, for finally allowing me to make the Chicken-Apple Sausage I've been wanting to make for days. Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Thank goodness for food processors with a slicing attachment. Reduces prep time in a big way. Grating is also a timesaver.

    ReplyDelete