Thursday, December 31, 2009

Something I've learned...

So... why do I have these big ambitions to begin an amazing blog only to watch it fizzle out shortly after it begins? I have found the answer! When I have a break from school, then I find I have more time for things I am passionate about; however, when I am in school, I have little time for anything other than my mandatory commitments. Therefore, I will not pretend to have an over-abundance of time to update this blog as I'd like.

Also, I have determined that I don't have an actual goal for this blog. What am I trying to accomplish, what are my goals surrounding it, simply... why am I doing it?

I have found that answer too... although, I've known it for years! I love (LOVE) to cook, host, serve, etc... If anyone were to ask my dream job, it would be to own some sort of establishment that deals with serving people and food! =] It may be a cafe, a coffee shop, a bakery or deli, a full fledged restaurant, a bed and breakkie, a catering business, party planning... you get the idea. However, that is merely a dream. In the meantime, I would love to learn and share what I know with whoever cares to listen.

With that said, I have one year left in school (YAY to 2010 graduation!!) then I will be finding all sorts of ways to occupy my time. My son will be 16 by then, likely working... which means good ole mom will be in need of something therapeutic - you know, like food (or at least preparing it)!

Today is New Year's Eve - I have nothing on the agenda besides hanging out at home with my kidlet and his friend - oh and studying for a HUGE test... but I will hopefully have some time to add some things I have made during the Christmas season this year, including my very first sweet potato pie!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment