Friday, November 9, 2012

Baby Boy shower - Favors and Drinks!

It's a BOY! 


We had a baby shower on the cheap. And I mean cheap. I also mean quick. My dear pretend daughter (yes, that's a real term in my world - deal with it), made a last minute decision to move home. Her and her sweetie were living in GA and she just really wanted to be close to family when her baby came. 

So what's a girl like me, who loves through food, parties, events, supposed to do? Well, throw a party, of course!

The photo above was filled with her party favors. We decided to go with cookies because it was something I could do much cheaper than buying gifts for everyone. These are really big chocolate chip cookies with small thank you tags on each one.

Baby boy punch!

I saw this on Pinterest and just knew that I had to do it! Isn't it just about the sweetest thing ever? I did have to make a couple changes, but the idea is just the same!

I used:
1 huge bowl
2 rubber duckies (make sure they are floaters!!)
1 two liter bottle of ginger ale
1 64oz bottle of white grape juice
1 large bottle of Blue HI-C juice
Pineapple sherbet

I used a HUGE pot to pour the ginger ale and juices into and mixed that up first. Then I filled the punch bowl, almost to the top - leaving enough room to add in the sherbet. I didn't measure how much sherbet I used, I just added it until I was done adding it. =] 

Place rubber duckies on top. Done. =]

To serve the punch, we wrapped a cute "Baby Boy" ribbon around mason jars and called 'em glasses. =]

That's how we roll. Yep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment