Sunday, October 14, 2012

Ham and beans!

There are very dishes that welcome me into the fall season more than ham and beans with cornbread. First, it's SO comforting, isn't it? Second, it's just warm all the way through. Third, it's just good, dang'd it! =]

It's so easy to make, I promise.

Get out your crockpot (a sure sign that the weather has cooled down). And grab these couple things:

2 ham hocks
1# dry northern beans
Onion powder
Salt and pepper
6 c. water

Add everything into the crockpot and cook on low for 8 hours. Take out the ham hocks and pull the meat off, reserve bones and fat for dogs. =]

Put the meat back in and mix it all back up. That's it!

I always serve mine with cornbread - not the sweet Jiffy stuff, but real, honest to goodness cornbread.

Happy eating! =]

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE beans and cornbread!!! And yes, it must be made with great northern beans. :-)

    Making me hungry . . .

    ReplyDelete