Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Oh, pork chops!

A little back story... I cannot CANNOT cook pork chops. I have tried and failed time and again. So, last weekend, my hunnie pot requested pork chops for dinner. It's a new relationship and all, I could NOT fail this time. I was bound and determined to make it work. This was what I did:

Step 1: Go to Costco. Purchase pork chops (that are WAY thicker than anything in this world) to cook.

Step 2: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

Step 3: Dice some onion, either chop garlic or cheat like me and buy the big 'ol jar of minced garlic from Costco.

Step 4: Add a wee bit of EVOO to a large saute pan, add onion and garlic. Saute until the onions are all tender looking. Season the chops as you see fit while the good stuff is cookin. I used salt, pepper, and some stuff that has a bad word in it's name so I won't repeat it on my "family friendly blog" but you can find it here... Seasoning. Throw in the chops to sear them on each side.

Step 5: Breathe... that wasn't so hard, right?

Step 6: Take chops out of saute pan and throw them (or place gently) into a baking dish of your choice.

Step 7: To the saute pan add 1 can of Cream of Onion soup (OMG - why did it take so long for this fancy lil invention of tummy yumminess to happen?????), a splash of "W" sauce and half a can of white wine. I use Fetzer Gewurztraminer because it's the best wine ever... just sayin. Mix all this together real good and stuff.

Step 8: Pour the above mixture over the chops, cover with foil, and let cook forever... OK, or about 1 1/2 - 2 hrs (I had REALLY thick chops) -- this time may be changed to suit your chops better.

Step 9: The chops will fall apart, so get them out gently and enjoy this little piece of loveliness!

FYI - this will make a gravy as it cooks. So you can side dish some potatoes or rice or anything that can be used to slop up the gravy... you don't want to miss the gravy!

No comments:

Post a Comment